Wan Faizatul Shima Homepage

Rabu, April 16, 2008

Take me back to Kokusai Dori!

Kokusai Dori (Kokusai Street, also called "International Street") is located in Naha Japan which is the capital city of Okinawa Prefecture. It is also called "International Street" because this street is very famous to international tourists.

Kokusaidori is Naha's main street, stretching for roughly two kilometers through downtown Naha. Starting at the Naha Bus Terminal, Kokusaidori is lined by restaurants, cafes, bars, hotels, souvenir shops, boutiques and department stores. Many shops remain open until 11pm, and live Okinawan music is played at various restaurants.

There are many things that you can find in the shops in Kokusai Dori. You wouldn't even need to set foot into a store to receive a big smile and a robust "Irasshaimase!" as you walked down the street. I found this to be a big practice of the merchants on Kokusai Dori. There would be young, vibrant faces posted in the entranceways of almost all of touristy stores to greet pedestrians, hoping to entice them to shop in their store.

Exactly 2 years from today, I spent a few of my last best moment in kokusai Dori. Please find pictures taken at Kokusai Dori.. The Heart of Okinawa.

Until now, every time I hear the word "Irasshaimase!" in Sushi King or any Japanese restaurant in KL, I will think of those friendly folks on Kokusai Dori.

Take me back to Kokusai Dori!!!

1 Ulasan:

  • Hi, I thought you CAME BACK to Okinawa! Really surprised.
    And now I am so glad to see you still cherish your time in Okinawa.
    Thanks for your feeling.
    nana

    Oleh Blogger mtec-hq, Di 9:29 PG  

Catat Ulasan

Langgan Catat Ulasan [Atom]



<< Laman utama